Midroc Investment Group is a group of companies mainly engaged in manufacturing, agriculture ,agro-processing, mining and commerce endeavors
Group of Companies
Sheikh Mohammed Hussien Ali Al-Amoudi is owner and chairman of the leadership of MIDROC Ethiopia Group Companies. There are 80 companies of Sheikh Mohammed Hussien Ali Al-Amoudi which are currently re-grouped in 4 huge groups of Companies and led by 4 chief executive officers (CEOs). The four chief executive officers (CEOs) report to Sheikh Mohammed Hussien Ali Al-Amoudi, owner and chairman of MIDROC Ethiopia Group Companies. Thus, “MIDROC Investment Group” is one of the 4 groups. MIDROC Investment Group alone has incorporated about 35 companies. Ato Jemal Ahmed is the chief executive officer (CEO) who is leading MIDROC Investment Group since May 2020.
There are 4 clusters under MIDROC Investment Group led by Deputy CEOs. These clusters are:-
- Manufacturing Cluster: which is led by Ato Akalewold Admassu,
- Commerce Cluster: which is led by Bekele Bulado (Ph.D),
- Mining Cluster: which is led by Ato Dulla Mekonen,
- Agriculture and Agro-Processing Cluster: which is led by Ato Esayas Kebede,
Synopsis of the Four Clusters under MIDROC Investment Group
The following 15 companies are grouped under the Manufacturing Cluster. They are:-
(i) Manufacturing Cluster
- Addis Gas & Plastics PLC, was established in 1996 E.C. It is engaged in manufacturing and marketing of industrial gases (carbon dioxide and oxygen) and plastic crates for household and industrial uses.
- AhFa PLC, was founded in 1992 E.C. It is mainly engaged in manufacturing and supply of food products, such as high quality Pasta, Macaroni, Vegetable Ghee, Margarine and Wheat Flour with a well-known brand OCHE. In addition it also provides freight transportation service.
- Blue Nile PP & Craft Paper Bags Manufacturing PLC, was established in 1993 E.C. It is engaged in the production of polypropylene and polyethylene products such as poly plastic bags, poly sheet, poly plastic matt, conduit, tape rope, etc.
- Daylight Applied Technologies PLC, was founded in 1986 E.C. Currently it is engaged in the production of crown cork and tin can.
- Ethio Leather Industry (ELICO) PLC, was established in 1997. It is engaged in manufacturing leather products. Under ELICO there are two tanneries, two shoe factories and one leather products factory.
- Hawassa Chip Wood Factory PLC, was established in 1994 E.C. It is engaged in planting trees and producing quality furniture, doors, windows etc.
- Horizon Addis Tyre PLC, was founded in 1972 by Emperor Haile-selassie in collaboration with the Czechoslovakian government. In 2013 Sheikh Mohamed Hussien Ali Al-Amoudi fully owned Horizon Addis Tyre PLC. It is engaged in the production of different types of tyres for automobiles and trucks.
- Kombolcha Steel Products Industry (KoSPI) PLC, was established in 1996. It is engaged in the production of galvanized corrugated and ribbed steel sheets and other engineered steel products, fuel and water tanks, transmission tower, wire and metal products, etc.
- Lame Dairy PLC, was established in 2007 E.C. It is engaged in the production of milk and milk products.
- Modern Building Industries (MBI) PLC, was established in 1987 E.C. It is engaged in the production of plastic tiles, cultured marble products, water and oil based paints, hydro-foam blocks etc.
- Sheger Bread Factory PLC, is established in 2020 to produce and supply bread to the people living in Addis Ababa and the surrounding areas.
- Sheger Oil Factory PLC, is a project currently under formation. Its aim is to produce edible oil.
- Summit Engineered Plastics PLC, was established in 1992 E.C. It is engaged in producing poly products, polypropylene matt, etc. Recently it is also engaged in importing chemicals, adhesives, machineries and spare parts.
- Unlimited Packaging PLC, was founded in 1989 E.C. It manufactures flat and box carton that can be used for packaging of materials.
- WANZA Furnishings Industry PLC, was established in 1996 E.C. and engaged in the production of quality furniture and equipment such as wooden doors & windows and high quality ceiling and flooring materials & household furniture; and impregnated wood.
(ii) Commerce Cluster
The following 4 companies are grouped under the Commerce Cluster. They are:-
- ADAGO MIDROC Trading PLC, is engaged in import and wholesale of industrial raw materials and merchandises. Export business and customs clearing are additional line of business for ADAGO.
- Addis Home Depot PLC, is engaged in retail and wholesale business of construction materials, home appliance and furniture.
- Queen’s Super Market PLC, is engaged in supermarket (retail) business focusing on agro-industry products, food staff items, detergent & personal care products, fresh farm products, and the like.
- Trans National Aviation PLC, is engaged in commercial air transportations of passengers and cargo.
(iii) Mining Cluster
The following four companies are grouped under the Mining Cluster. These are:-
- MIDROC Gold Mine PLC, engaged in extraction and processing of high quality gold through its open and underground pits at Legedenbi and Sakaro extraction sites; and a modern processing plant situated nearby to those extraction sites.
- National Mining Corporation PLC, engaged in extraction, processing and marketing of precious dimension stones such as marble and granite. The company extracts dimension stones from its own quarry sites located at Dalleti, Oromia region and Mankush, Benshangul-Gumuz region; and processes through its own factories situated at Addis Ababa and Awash 7 kilo, Afar region.
- MIDROC Geo and Exploration Service PLC, engaged in exploration, surveying and consultancy of precious minerals towards extraction, construction and drilling throughout the nation.
- Gubalafto Consulting Architects and Engineers PLC, engaged in provision of diverse technological and construction services like architectural and civil engineering design, construction supervision, contract administration, and contract construction services; electro-mechanical design, installation, and maintenance support services; and computer network design, installation, software development, IT Consultancy, website design and hosting, cash register (sales point), computer & other office machine maintenance support, and special services such as CCTV camera design & installation, and Data center services.
(iv) Agriculture and Agro-Processing Cluster
The following 12 companies are grouped under the Agriculture and Agro-processing Cluster. They are:-
- Bebeka Coffee PLC, engaged in the production of coffee, black pepper and other export oriented spices like cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, turmeric meant.
- Beha land PLC, engaged in the production of coffee.
- Coffee Processing and Warehouse Enterprise, is engaged in processing of high quality coffee for export market. The enterprise also provides processing and sorting warehouse rental services.
- ELFORA Agro-Industries PLC, is engaged in production and sales of agricultural products, poultry products, meat products, crops & vegetables, agro-processing and real estate businesses.
- Ethio-Agri-Ceft PLC, is engaged in large scale production of high land grown organic coffee, tea, cereals, pulses, oil crops, rose cut flowers, vegetables & fruits, spices, honey and also plants with herbal, medicinal and bio-pesticide properties.
- Ethio-Dream PLC, is engaged in the production and export of cut flower.
- Gojeb Agricultural Development PLC, is engaged in the production of organic fruits & vegetables, livestock development, and crop production are major areas of engagement.
- Guba Agricultural Development PLC, is engaged in the production of agricultural products such as soya bean, sun flower, groundnut.
- Jittu Horticulture PLC, is engaged in the production of various types of vegetables and fruits.
- Limmu Coffee PLC, is engaged in the production of coffee, cereals such as maize, and organic honey.
- Saudi Star PLC, it is a project engaged in the production of rice.
- Upper Awash Agro-Industries PLC, is engaged in the production of fruits and agro processing.